Hi all, (Happy St. Patrick's Day!)
I saw Dr. Kaplan yesterday and he took a blood draw and everything looks normal, even my liver, which was the still the concern since it was still a bit off as of last Thursday. He said he was expecting my blood pressure and kidneys to have some issues with the high dose IL2 treatment, but the liver reacting like it did was unusual and that made him stop treatment all together last time.
I will be going back into Swedish on Monday, 3/23, for the 2nd part of this IL2 treatment. This time though, he will be putting me in the ICU to help manage and monitor my vitals more closely. Also, he will be lowering the dose of IL2 and administering it more frequently and in shorter intervals. He says I will have a 3-4 day treatment time, with 1-2 recovery days, depending on how my body takes this treatment this time around.
Thanks for all your love and support! Doug will be updating the blog next week.
~Keri
PS Happy Birthday to my nephew Connor (3/16), Kourtney (3/19), Doug (3/21), brother-in-law Bob (3/20) & sister Kim (3/28).
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Hi again. We will be thinking of you on the 23rd!! Hope this new regimen treats you better, but you have to do what you have to do. It will be over soon. Give Kourney a happy birthday wish from me, since I was lucky enough to give her her 2nd hugg in the whole world. Can't believe it has been so long ago. Take care. Love, Sue (and Bob)
ReplyDeleteHi Keri! Thinking about you tonight and sending prayers of strength, courage and cancer butt kicking your way:) It sounds like you will be in good hands in ICU this round and I am so happy to hear that. I have faith that you will be out soon, feeling good, and sharing that wonderful smile of yours! Fondly, the Merz Family
ReplyDeleteThinking about you as I work this morning on your favorite account! Wishing you all the strength you can find to get through next couple days. Kick it's butt Keri. We miss you! Sheila
ReplyDeleteHi Keri, Doug, and girls ~
ReplyDeleteWe continue to think of you and pray for you all, and Keri, we're especially thinking of you today and definitely are expecting this round to treat you better. We cannot wait to see you when you're feeling up to it.
Lots of love to you all,
Tina, Jim, Jackie, Jensen, & Laney
I echo Sheila's thoughts. Kick it's butt! - Swifty
ReplyDelete