Monday, June 8, 2009

June 8th update

Hi everyone,

Just 2 updates:

1) I talked to Dr. Byrd on Friday to confirm our decision to wait on going through any surgery on those 4 areas until after I get my next round of PET/CT scans sometime in July. Then he also let me know that the pathology report showed that it was a lymph node w/ melanoma that was removed in my right scapula in May. This means that the melanoma could have traveled through my lymphatic system as opposed to my blood stream. This doesn't change my stage or anything, since it is a distant site, but it is good news that there still is a chance that it hasn't gone into my blood system.

2) I am now taking 2 weeks off from the GM-CSF shot treatment and will begin another round of it from June 19 - July 2nd. The ipilimumab drug treatment that we are waiting to come to the UW w/ Dr. Thompson isn't coming in until September, so we will keep with the GM-CSF until that time.

Thanks for all your support and well wishes :-)

~Keri