Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Update # 4 - 1/6

Hi & HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!
(If you are new to this blog, please start at the bottom :-)

Updates:

1)Ankle - My Orthopedic at the UW said I need to rest and wear an air cast for a couple months and not run or play soccer while it heals, and at this point, there is no need for surgery. Yahoo! I think I can do what he asks! Then come to find out, my college roomate was his first girlfriend back when they were in middle school....what a coincidence!

2)Melanoma - I have an ultrasound scheduled for 1/7, a dermatologist appt. to map all my freckles/moles on 1/9 and then surgery 1/12 @ UW Medical Center - Surgery Pavillion, I will be staying overnight and when all goes well, released on 1/13.

Along with Doug and the girls, my mom Glenda will be helping me post-surgery, & my neighbor, April Perla, is helping coordinate all the food that has been so kindly offered to be made for my family post-surgery. (P.S. Kourtney would prefer if there were no strange casseroles, thanks!-KRK) Doug will manage the girls sports schedules so Kourtney & Alexa will be well taken care of during this time. Thank you all very much!

Thanks again for all your well wishes, prayers and comments! They are all appreciated! Until next week!

~Keri

15 comments:

  1. Keri, I heard the news today and wanted to let you know that I am thinking about you - alot. Please let me know if I can help in any way. Remember - "Strength does not come from physical capacity. It comes from an indominable will." - Mohandas Gandhi
    Tony Mustillo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Keri; I thought I posted last week but it must have been one of the snow days. Please let the girls know I am truly looking forward to the video of Doug's guitar playing :-) Sending positive energy your way and Hugs to you all! Tamara

    ReplyDelete
  3. Keri, the Canadian Olympic hat you gave me has always been a very favorite of mind. I've always worn it with great pride knowing it came from you. Wishing you the best next Monday and will see you soon. Love Leslie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Keri, I'm thinking about you!!! I'll be sending good thoughts your way all day on Monday for a successful surgery. I hate that you have to deal with this but I love that you sound so positive! If there's anything I can do...please just let me know. Big hugs to all of you! Jenny Schaffer

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Keri,

    Best wishes from Barrie. I heard the news just before Christmas and have not been able to contact you yet to let you know that I am thinking of you and sending prayers your way. Please, if there is anything I can do, let me know. I am here for you and your family.

    Take care of yourself. You are one of the strongest people I have ever met. Good luck tomorrow.

    Love you lots,

    Christi

    ReplyDelete
  6. Keri -
    I am thinking about you this evening. We missed you at CES - and I hope to hear good news from the family blog this week.

    Carol Criner

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thinking of you and know that I am there with you. You are a rock! I love you, Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Keri, we are thinking of you tonight and saying a prayer before bed. Best to you tomorrow.
    Kris and Brandon

    ReplyDelete
  9. Keri - Marty and I are thinking of you tonight and praying for all the best tomorrow. Love you, Sara.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Good luck today! thinking of you everyday...

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hello my dear friend,
    I heard the news today and it knocked the wind out of me. I truly believe that if there is a person that can beat this, it will be you. You have never lost at one thing you have started and this won't be any different. If there is anything you need, just call. Love you so....Lori

    ReplyDelete
  12. Keri my friend. Am thinking of you today and so glad you have such wonderful doctors. Thank you for the blog. I know how much you are loved and it is so nice to see others thoughts as well. I am here for anything you need - I'll even sell cookies and wrapping paper for the girls if you want me too! Hope you are feeling good soon.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hey Baby,
    Oldest friend in the world here,
    Literally...
    Don't know if you remember : ) but we first met when you were one-day old. I remember it like it was yesterday. You were smaller than me, and pink.
    We're thinking about you every day. You're in good hands, and we look forward to seeing you soon and hearing that you are doing AWESOME!
    And speaking of AWESOME, let's catch a Husky game this Fall!
    SO

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thinking about you Keri. Hoping everything went smoothly today. Love, Tasha

    ReplyDelete
  15. So glad to hear through Cecelia that your surgery went well today. Prayers and thoughts from the Kisch's.

    ReplyDelete