Hi all,
After waiting to get the new drug ipilimumab in Sept., come to find out, I don't qualify for the 2 trials about to begin at the SCCA: one trial is for patients with measurable disease (which I don't have, yipee!) and the other trial is for patients who are Stage III (which I am not) and hasn't had treatment, (which I 've had - IL2). So I will have to wait until it is officially approved by the FDA...which could be another year or so while they complete those last 2 trials. I will start my 4th round (2 weeks) of GM-CSF shots on Friday, Aug. 14th and then take 2 weeks off, then my 5th round on Friday, Sept. 11th.
Next, I am going in on Tuesday, Aug. 11th to remove the 4-5 areas that are either extremely atypical, non-invasive melanoma or invasive melanoma. It will be an in-clinic, out-patient procedure at the SCCA (Seattle Cancer Care Alliance) by Dr. Byrd and he thinks it will just take a hour and a half.
Kourtney has a soccer tournament in Snohomish, Aug 13-16, then she is going to Camp Casey in Whidbey Island Aug. 16-21 for soccer camp with a few of her teammates. Alexa has a soccer tournament in Portland, Oregon, Aug. 20th-23rd and we look forward to seeing my cousin Todd who just returned from Iraq after being there for 6 months :-) Glad he is home safe!
Then, Alexa is going into Virginia Mason on Tuesday, Aug. 25th to have her moderately atypical mole removed, but she will be asleep for that procedure. And after the trips to the ER and multiple attempts to insert an IV, and the havoc that created with her and on my nerves, I completely agree with that decision - the less pain she feels, the better for the both of us!!
School starts for the girls on Wed., Sept 2nd - Kourtney will be an 8th grader and Alexa a 5th grader. Crazy how the summer just flew by, what happened?!
Thanks for all your support! We will update the blog at the end of the month.
-Keri
PS Doug and I went to the Kenny Chesney concert, or as I like to say...the Sugarland concert, to celebrate our 15th anniversary - fun times!
Friday, August 7, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Good luck tomorrow Keri! I am so very sorry that you didn't qualify for the ipilimumab trials. I can only imagine how you feel about it, but God works in mysterious ways....
ReplyDeleteIt sounds like your family has a busy month ahead! I am glad you are having fun!
We have been praying that the Lord will remove any pain bring healing to you every night!
xx- Kristy