Hi All,
1. I heard today from Dr. Kaplan that my PET/CT was "Totally, completely, unequivocally normal." There is No Evidence of Disease - NED again! :-) So since I have no disease to measure, I don't qualify for the T-Cell treatment I mentioned yesterday and they will save my cloned cells for me if I ever need them later, which I plan on NOT needing!
I will now just continue with the GM-CSF shot treatment schedule (2 weeks on / 2 weeks off) beginning again on July 17th and wait for ipilimumab treatment in Sept. I will still need to have those 4-5 moles that are either extremely atypical, non-invasive melanoma and invasive melanoma surgically removed prior to Sept.
2. Alexa will have her one moderately atypical mole surgically removed at the end of Aug. after her last summer soccer tournament. She will need to rest for 2 weeks after surgery- no soccer or swimming. Her plastic surgeon, Alexadria, was very nice and Alexa says she wants to sleep during the procedure so she won't have to feel anything.
Wonder if we will get a family discount for all of these procedures?
It is a very good day! Thanks for all your prayers and support!
~Keri
Wednesday, July 8, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Doing a HAPPY DANCE! Thats fabulous NEWS! WOOT WOOT WOOT!
ReplyDeleteKeri and the Kirton family,
ReplyDeleteYessss! We are THRILLED to hear the good news and will continue to pray for more and more good news!
GREAT NEWS--The T cell therapy sounds very interesting, if you should need it, but we are thinking NO WAY. The immune system is the key I am sure, just finding out how to use it. I have always said that just hang in another day and they will find another way for treating everything. Those horrible treatments you went through obviously did something, so you can look back and know it was all worth it. We are sooooooo happy for you. Those are the best words in the world, CANCER FREE. Love, Sue and Bob
ReplyDeleteGREAT news Keri!!! All those prayers and positive energies helped carry you through!
ReplyDeleteInvest in the new 100% UV sun screen and keep on keeping on! You and your crew are a
tough lot and the "C" was no match. Wishing
you continued good health!
Love to the family...
Aunt Linda
That is not only good news...it is fantastic news!!! I am so happy to hear about your great results. : ) Kristy
ReplyDeleteNED is great! Keep it up Keri. Karl and Glenda can now breathe better.
ReplyDeleteRobert (in Hawaii)
Awesome news Keri!
ReplyDeleteTony Mustillo